Diabetes is genetic as well as a lifetime disease in which the sugar level in the blood of the human body increases too high. It is a lifetime disease and once if the patient is once affected, he has to go through a lifetime of anti-diabetic medication.
Diabetes can also be controlled with the help of a proper healthy diet, maintaining normal body weight, and involving in physical exercises. Regular exercise and a healthy diet reduce the risk of diabetes by 28%.
Symptoms of diabetes
Some people might not be aware of the disease from which they are affected. There are some of the following symptoms which state that an individual is affected by diabetes.
- Increases hunger
- Wounds do not heal faster
- Surprisingly weight loss
- Blurred vision
Some of the following home remedies may not help in the cure of diabetes but they might help to provide relief from the symptoms and they can also help in reducing the risk of complications.
1. Bitter Gourd or Karela
Bitter Gourd is popularly known as Karela is not liked by many of the people and especially the children due to its bitter taste and a very strange appearance. But, besides of its bitter taste, it also has numerous benefits of eating Karela. It is a very good source of vitamins B1, B2, C and many more. It also contains compounds named charatin and momordicin which are very helpful for an individual in decreasing the sugar level in one’s blood.
Benefits of Karela
There are various benefits of eating Karela. Some of them are listed below:
- Blood purifier
- Great for eyes
- Prevents greying of hair
- Used as remedies for diabetes
- Eat karela at-least once in a week.
- Slice the outer part and put it into the blender till it becomes juice and drinks it every early morning.
Fenugreek is one of the most commonly used herbs in the Indian kitchen which comes along with many benefits. It is a multi-purpose herb which is used for around thousands of years to flavour the food, improve health and nowadays, it is also used all over the globe as a very common herbal supplement.
Benefits of Fenugreek
There are various benefits of eating Fenugreek. Some of them are listed below:
- Balance cholesterol
- Control blood glucose
- Stimulate milk production
- Maintain liver and kidney health
- Take fenugreek seed powder daily water or milk.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the fenugreek in a glass of water at night and drink it empty stomach at the morning along with the seeds.
3. Mango Leaves
Fresh mango leaves are one of the most popular home remedies which iareused by many of the people as a remedy for diabetes. They contain flavonoids and phenol which makes them rich in anti-oxidant property and apart from this, they are also very useful in making medicines as they are very rich in vitamins C, B, and A.
Benefits of Mango Leaves:
There are various benefits of consuming Mango Leaves. Some of them are listed below:
- Heals burns
- Regulates Diabetes
- Cures dysentery
- Dissolve gall and kidney stones
- Make powder of the dry mango leaves and consume it daily empty stomach at the morning and before going to bed on a regular basis.
- Put the mango leaves in boiled water at night and drink the glass of water on an empty stomach in the morning.
4. Indian Gooseberry or Amla
Indian gooseberry is generally called as Amla is very rich in nutrients and is one of the best sources for vitamin C and it also helps the pancreas to produce certain nutrients which helps in reducing the sugar level in one’s blood. It is approved by many of the ayurvedic doctors that alma is very essential for an individual and it helps in eliminating various diseases. This is considered as a storehouse of vitamins and that’s why it must be consumed every day.
Benefits of Amla:
There are various benefits of eating Amla. Some of them are listed below:
- Blood purifier
- Reduces the risk of cataract
- Cures insomnia
- Supports reproduction
- Add one tablespoon of amla with a cup of bitter gourd juice and consume it daily.
- Discard amla seeds and put it in a jar and make a juice of it. Add this juice to a cup of water and drink it every morning on empty stomach.
Ginger is another one of the most common ingredients used in cooking purposes but this is also used as a herb which is being utilized for thousands of years for making traditional medicines. It also helps in lowering of blood levels, but it does not help in lowering the insulin level in the blood.
Benefits of Ginger:
There are various benefits of eating Ginger. Some of them are listed below:
- Reduce Muscle Pain and Soreness
- Improve Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Protect Against Alzheimer’s Disease
- Lower Cholesterol Levels
- It can be chopped and added to the food or tea which will also help in increasing the taste of the food.
- It can also be consumed as a supplement in the form of capsules.
6. Drumstick or Moringa Leaves
The drumstick (popularly known as Moringa Leaves) is very popularly known because of the ability to maintain a proper blood sugar level in one’s blood. Apart from this, it is also rich in various nutrients and minerals like vitamin A, B1, B2, calcium, protein, and many more. The moringa leaves are also very rich in antioxidants and they possess anti-inflammatory characteristics.
Benefits of Moringa Leaves:
There are various benefits of eating Moringa Leaves. Some of them are listed below:
- Treating stomach complaints
- Protecting the cardiovascular system
- Improving eye health
- Treating diabetes
- It can be added around grams into your regular meal which will just add a quite flavour in the food which will help in the reduction of the rise of sugar in one’s blood by 21%.
We have provided you with some of the ayurvedic home remedies which can be consumed by the patients who are affected from diabetes which will help an individual to reduce the symptoms of diabetes and they come with many other benefits which will also prevent from being affected by other health problems.
here are some other articles you might like