What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a kind of fat that is stored in our body. The cells present in our body requires cholesterol to function properly, and it is made by our body itself. Off the fact, much extra cholesterol is consumed by our body through fatty foods consumed by us.
When the cholesterol level in our body gets higher than the required amount, it starts setting up in the arteries which are called atherosclerosis which results in heart problems and also affects blood flow problems.
Normal cholesterol level in a human body is below 200 mg/dl.
Causes of High Cholesterol
Some of the causes of high cholesterol are listed below:
- Foods Rich In Saturated And Trans Fats
- Poor diet
- Lack of exercise
Some of the preventive measures that can be used to prevent high cholesterol in our body are listed below:
- Eating a healthy diet
- Exercising regularly
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Not smoking
The above-mentioned prevention tips can help in preventing your body from high cholesterol and by applying their tips, changes can be seen in your present situation in a few weeks.
Here are some of ayurvedic home remedies to reduce your cholesterol level in your body:
Garlic is one of the most common ayurvedic remedies used in indian cooking which us popularly known for its health enhancing properties. There are many essential nutrients that are present in garlic and they are very effective ion reducing the cholesterol level of an individual.
Benefits of Garlic
There are many other health benefits of garlic apart from reducing the cholesterol level in a human body. Some of them are listed below:
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- Boosts metabolism
- Cures respiratory problems
- Used as an effective painkiller.
- Garlic can be consumed as a form of minced garlic cloves in salads and dishes.
- You can also chew on peeled garlic cloves.
2. Green Tea
It is well known that the green tea is the most consumed liquid after water which is a great source of polyphenols. These are very rich in antioxidants which comes from the presence of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) in it. EGCG helps in the reduction of the cholesterol level in our body.
Benefits of Green Tea
There are many other health benefits of green tea apart from reducing the cholesterol level in a human body. Some of them are listed below:
- Reduces body fat
- Fights off depression
- Improves skin health
- Keeps blood sugar level in check.
- Add a teaspoon of green tea in a saucepan and allow it to boil.
- Keep it for 5 minutes and then strain it.
- Add some honey to the liquid and drink it slowly while it is warm.
3. Coriander Seeds
The coriander seeds (also known as Dhaniya) has been used in the making of ayurvedic remedies for numerous ailments. It is also very effective in lowering of cholesterol in human body. Coriander seeds are rich in essential vitamins like folic acid, vitamin A, and mainly, rich in vitamin C.
Benefits of Coriander Seeds
There are many other health benefits of coriander seeds apart from reducing the cholesterol level in a human body. Some of them are listed below:
- Treats Diarrhoea
- Regulates blood pressure
- Prevents anaemia
- Good for oral hygiene and treatment of ulcers
- Add two tablespoons of coriander seeds and boil it gently.
- Then strain the decoction when it gets cooled down and you can consume it daily twice-a-day for better health results.
Yoghurt is another one of the most commonly ayurvedic home remedies which is used for various purposes. Yoghurt contains various useful bacteria which helps in enhancing of our health and they play a significant role in lowering of the cholesterol level in an individual naturally.
Benefits of Yoghurt
There are many other health benefits of yoghurt apart from reducing the cholesterol level in a human body. Some of them are listed below:
- Helps to build stronger bones and teeth
- Helps to build and repair of muscles
- Essential for body functioning
- Stimulates immune system
- Just consume a bottle of probiotic yoghurt daily for better health benefits.
5. Psyllium husk
Psyllium husk is another one of the most famous ayurvedic remedies for lowering cholesterol in our body which is also approved by the US FDA. Psyllium husk is made from the crushed seeds of Plantago Ovata plant which is said to be rich in soluble fibre which helps in reducing cholesterol.
Benefits of Psyllium Husk
There are many other health benefits of Psyllium Husk apart from reducing the cholesterol level in a human body. Some of them are listed below:
- Detoxifying the body
- Helps weight loss
- Reduces blood pressure
- Aids digestion
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of psyllium husk to your daily meals which helps in providing soluble fibre which contributes on lowering cholesterol.
6. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are also known as Methi seeds are commonly used as flavouring agents and medicinal plant since a long time. Methi seeds contains high antioxidant properties and it is rich in vitamins that helps in reducing cholesterol level and also helps in reducing the synthesis in the liver.
Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
There are many other health benefits of Fenugreek Seeds apart from reducing the cholesterol level in a human body. Some of them are listed below:
- Help control diabetes
- Helps with eating disorders
- Reduced inflammation inside the body
- Maintain healthy testosterone level
- Add ½ to 1 tablespoons of Fenugreek Seeds to your meal is recommended.
In a Nutshell
We have provided you with some of the well known ayurvedic treatment which can be very helpful in reducing the cholesterol level in your body that might be helpful for you to reduce the cholesterol level and live a healthy life. All you need to do is select the right one for you and be strict about your routine.
We recommend you to consult a health specialist doctor before consuming anything in order to avoid side effects.
here are some other articles you might like