Psoriasis is a disorder of the skin and it is autoimmune. In psoriasis, an extra layer of skin is developed on one another that keeps on growing rapidly leaving red patches. This disease is very dangerous and it causes inflammation. It can affect any part of the skin of your body. It can even affect the scalp also.
If you are suffering from this disease, there is good news for you that this disease has a natural treatment too and we are here in front of you to provide some of the best natural treatments for scalp psoriasis.
This disease is generated due to the increment of white blood cells and it causes unhealthy swelling. Fast turnover of the skin can be noticed in this disorder.
Symptoms of psoriasis
- Hair loss
- Red patches
- High-grade itching
- A sensation of burning in the scalp
- Inflammation in the scalp
- Dryness can be observed in the scalp
- Bumpy patches can also be noticed in the scalp
Causes of scalp psoriasis
The cause of this disorder is not confirmed yet but it is known that the disease is an auto-immune disease which allows the skin to pile up on one another and causes itchy and red patches.
- Genetic predisposition is considered as its one cause
- Another one is emotional stress
- Hormonal disbalance may also be counted
- Toxin created due to difficult digestion can also be another reason
Natural treatment for scalp psoriasis
There are many natural ways by which scalp psoriasis can be cured. Some of them are listed below-
- Stress reduction- emotional stress is considered as a cause for scalp psoriasis. If you want to cure scalp psoriasis, you have to control your emotions, feelings and stress caused due to them. Stress plays a major role in psoriasis. Management of stress is very important in order to cure psoriasis.
- Exercising regularly and drinking water- the most effective way of treating scalp psoriasis is exercising regularly and drinking lots of water. Do not skip your exercise and try to maintain a good diet. Drink plenty of water every day.
Try to use lukewarm water for bathing and add some dead sea salt or Epsom salt in the water. It helps in removing the scalp and it also provides relief from inflammation and itching. After bathing, do not forget to moisturize it by using a lotion.
- Use of special and important oils- some of the oils play a major role when it comes to treating scalp psoriasis. Some of them are lavender oil, tea tree oil, coconut oil, etc.
- Lavender oil- anti-inflammatory properties can be found in lavender oil. Lavender oil helps in providing soothing effects and also promotes healing
- Coconut oil- anti-inflammatory properties can also be found in coconut oil and are beneficial for providing moisture to the affected area. It can heal psoriasis very quickly
- Tea tree oil- there are various benefits of using tea tree oil. It helps in improving the immune system, it prevents infection and it reduces inflammation. Due to such properties, it is known as the best oil for treating psoriasis.
- Foods that are good for psoriasis- it is adviced that you have to keep an eye on your diet and types of food that you eat in order to cure psoriasis. Foods and other items that are good for the skin may help you to fight against psoriasis. They may reduce the inflammation, itching and heal quicker.
- Foods that contain high fibre- a diet that contains high fibre improves your absorption, digestion and excretion process that detoxifies your gut naturally. Try to intake fruits, vegetables, seeds and whole grains that are rich in fibre
- Foods that contain anti-oxidants- anti-oxidants helps in reducing free radicals. They also improve the healing effect and the risk of skin cancer is reduced naturally. You should intake fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, kidney beans, etc for better results.
- Foods that contain zinc- in order to get healthy skin, zinc is equally important. It has been considered that zinc plays a major role in reducing pain and swelling in psoriasis
- Foods containing Vitamin A- Vitamin A is very useful when it comes to healing skin disorder. Intake those food items that are rich with vitamin A such as mangoes, dark and yellow leafy vegetables, carrot, etc in your diet in order to cure psoriasis
- Foods containing Vitamin D- vitamin D helps in treating psoriasis naturally. You should eat raw milk and intake dairy and milk products in order to get Vitamin D.
- Using Aloe vera- aloe vera is one of the best natural element that helps in curing major skin infections. It provides relief and a soothing effect on the skin.
- Consumption of turmeric- due to the reason that turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties and it also contains antioxidants, it is very good for treating skin related problems. Turmeric alters the TNF cytokine that stops the continuation of psoriasis lesson.
You should avoid eating processed and packed food. Moreover, you should quit alcohol, and fried and sugar-containing foods.
- Herbal remedies- herbal remedies also help in curing psoriasis. Some of the herbal remedies are listed below-
- Apple cider vinegar- apple cider vinegar provides relief from scalp itch and cures psoriasis. You can buy an organic apple cider vinegar from any grocery store and it is recommended to apply the lotion on the infected area at least 2 to 3 times a week.
- Oats- oats work as one of the best natural skin soothers. If you use oats while taking a bath or if you are applying oats as a paste on your infected skin area, it may provide you relief from itching and redness and cures psoriasis quicker.
- Capsaicin- it is an ingredient that is present in chilli peppers that makes them hot. It has been proved by research that if you apply OTC creams that contain capsaicin, it may reduce the inflammation, pain, scaling and redness that is associated with psoriasis.
In a nutshell
The above-mentioned elements and methods were some of the natural methods can be used to cure psoriasis. If you are suffering from psoriasis, we recommend that you should consult a doctor first before taking any further step.
here are some other articles you might like