Rate of growth of hair is different in different individuals and its rate is based on the several factors in which an individual’s genetic history is most important.
Moreover, there are various types of ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized which will help in increasing the rate of hair growth of an individual.
Causes of hair loss
There are many causes of hair loss of an individual, and some of the common causes are listed below:
- Having an inadequate protein intake
- Local skin disorder
- Nutritional deficiency
Prevention of hair loss
Apart from the ayurvedic home remedies, some of the preventions must be taken by the person to reduce the rate of hair loss. Some of the preventions are as follows:
- Avoid using such accessories which leads to hair breakage like clips, pins, etc.
- Avoid using hair bleach and dryers
- Reduce the use of shampoos or brushes
Treat your hair gently as much as possible will help to preserve your hair and reduce the hair fall to a greater extent.
Off the chance that the person is willing to prevent the hair fall or they encourage more growth, the following ayurvedic home remedies may help to achieve their desired goal.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the most commonly used ayurvedic home remedy for hair growth. It helps in reducing the hair fall as it contains proteolytic enzymes which help in repairing if the damaged cells and they also help in improving follicle health. They also exhibit antifungal properties which help in preventing dandruff.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Besides the hair loss, Aloe Vera has various other benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- It helps in reducing constipation.
- It helps in lowering blood sugar levels
- It helps in treating digestive issues
- It helps in treating dry skin
- Extract the aloe vera pulp from the plant.
- Massage the pulp gently on your hair and leave it for an hour.
- Wash it with normal water.
- Apply the pulp for around three to four times a week.
Yoghurt is another one of the most common ayurvedic home remedies that are used as a hair care ingredient. It is very rich in vitamins like vitamin B5 and vitamin D along with fatty acids that are very important to promote hair growth.
Benefits of Yoghurt
Besides hair loss, Yoghurt has various other benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- Helps in boosting the immune system.
- It is good for the digestive system.
- Balances the pH levels of your scalp.
- Prevents high blood pressure.
- Prepare 2 spoons of yoghurt along with a spoon of honey with lemon.
- Massage it gently over the scalp and roots of the hair and leave it for an hour.
- Wash it slowly with normal water.
- Apply the above mixture for at-least twice in a week.
3. Bhringraj (Eclipta Prostrata)
This herb is commonly known as the king of hair as it contains various essential nutrients which is important for the healthy growth of hair. This herb has the capability to reverse baldness and reduce the loss of hair fall. This ayurvedic remedy for hair growth can be utilized either as a form of oil or the paste of its leaves can be gently applied over the scalp.
Benefits of Bhringraj
Besides hair loss, Bhringraj has various other benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- It helps in treating skin and eye problems.
- It helps in improving memory.
- It helps in controlling high blood pressure.
- It helps in getting relief from the migraine pain.
- Take down the bhringraj leaves and let them dry in the sun for a few days.
- Put the dry leaves along with coconut oil in a jar.
- Put the container under the sun for the next two days till the colour of the oil turns green.
- Massage it gently over the scalp and keep it overnight.
4. Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
While talking about the ayurvedic home remedies for hair growth, Amla cannot be simply missed. It is very rich in the vitamins and antioxidants that are very essential for our hair to stay healthy. It also contains Vitamin C which prevents the greying of our hair. We should drink amla juice on a regular basis or it can also be applied as an oil on the hair.
Benefits of Amla
Besides hair loss, Amla has various other benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- It helps in improving eye vision.
- It helps in improving skin health.
- It helps in preventing constipation.
- It helps in the cure of diabetes.
- Mix the amla powder with lime juice thoroughly.
- Massage gently the paste on your hair and scalp.
- You can use a shower cap which will prevent the paste to dry out.
- Leave it for an hour and wash it with normal water.
Shikakai is one of the ayurvedic home remedies for hair growth that is being used for a long years ago. It contains antioxidants along with vitamin A, C, D, and K which is very essential for the healthy growth of hair. Shakakai has a great hair cleansing property due to which it can also be used as a natural hair cleanser instead of shampoo.
Benefits of Shikakai
Besides hair loss, Shikakai has various other benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- It helps in hydrating dry skin.
- It helps in keeping the blood glucose level in control.
- It gives the natural glow to the skin.
- It helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Dry the pods in the sun for a few days and grind it well in a mixture.
- Add two spoons of powder in the bottle of the coconut oil.
- Keep it for 15 days.
- Apply the oil on your scalp and shake the bottle well before using it.
Reetha (also known as soapnuts) is also a very popular ayurvedic home remedy for hair growth that is used for centuries. Reetha contains various essential nutrients and antioxidants which are responsible for hair growth. Reetha mainly contains saponin that helps in healthy growth of hair.
Benefits of Reetha
Besides hair loss, Reetha has various other benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- It helps even out skin tone and perfect complexion.
- It is beneficial for skin problems such as acne or eczema.
- It helps in getting relief from hair scalp and dandruff.
- It adds natural shine to the hair.
- Collect some pieces of soapnuts.
- Boil them in half litres of water.
- Keep it for the whole night.
- Starin it well and now it can be used as a shampoo.
We have provided you with some of the ayurvedic home remedies that can be very helpful in the healthy growth of hair.
here are some other articles you might like